Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Winter


Winter is probably the worst month for the average amatuer golfer. It's cold, wet, either muddy or snowing and worst of all we have to put up with those tempory greens!! I don't know about your courses, but at mine the tempories are very small and the hole is still the same size!! It's almost impossible to put on them which is extremly fustrating yet the only good thing about them is that it makes that 450yrd par4 just a little bit shorter!

Janurary will mark the start of my golf clubs anual Winter League. Like most years, this year I will partner my good friend Matt who is off 11 and I being off 10. The Winter League consists of about seven divisions each with about eight or nine teams in. Much like a football/soccer league you get three points for a win, one for a draw and zero for a loss. The format is greensomes matchplay with the top two teams from each divison going through into a knockout round afterwards.

I probably need to start practicing as I havent played golf for about three weeks now!

5 Comments:

At 7:13 pm, Blogger The Undaunted Duffer said...

I'm jealous. I wish we had winter leagues here in Cleveland. I added your site to my page. Keep in touch.

 
At 7:15 pm, Blogger The Undaunted Duffer said...

I'm jealous. I wish we had winter leagues here in Cleveland. I added your site to mine. Keep in touch.

 
At 7:54 pm, Blogger doug said...

Hey, Matt.

doug from GolfDash.com here. I was wondering if you could write me an email. i wanted to discuss something with you.

dougf@golfdash.com

 
At 10:03 pm, Blogger Still Learning... said...

Matt...

Thanks for your comment and, yes,sure, I'd be glad to trade links.

On temp green problems... my group just counts two putts once we're in the circle... don't even carry a putter.

On laying up, the better/safer term is "lay back"

Have you checked out my podcasts? do you want to enter contest for my golf novel? All can be found at www.golfingzen.blogspot.com.

(You'll want to fix comments up so that you don't get spam comments)

 
At 11:27 am, Blogger Matt said...

Cheers guys comments much appreciated, i'll be sure to add your blogs to the links section in due course. Come back soon! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FindingBlog - Blog Directory Blogion.com - the definitive blog directory blog search directory British Blog Directory. Sports Blog
Top Sites Blogarama - The Blogs Directory